NFL Game Of The Week – Jaguars vs Chiefs
October 5, 2018
NFL Sunday Football sees Jacksonville Jaguars at Kansas City Chiefs.
A tantalising game of Football awaits as the high-powered offence of Kansas City attempts to break the lock down defense of Jacksonville.
It will be a challenging task for the Chiefs after a huge game of Monday night football. They have to contend with a short week and take on a talented Jaguars team. Kansas City have started the season in faultless fashion with a 4-0 record and will rely on their Quarterback Patrick Mahomes and a tight defense to continue the streak. The Jaguars have a talented defensive line, Mahomes will need to be clear and concise with his passing otherwise Jacksonville will be quick to attack.
It is no secret that Jacksonville have a strong running game and love to control the clock. The Jaguars will be without Running Back Leonard Fournette but their backup T.J Yeldon is a more than suitable replacement. Yeldon has caught 14 passes for two touchdowns this season.
Jaguars Quarterback Blake Bortles threw a career high 388 passing yards along with two touchdown passes. They will rely on the often inconsistent QB to be a strong contributor. Dede Westbrook leads in receptions, receiving yards and targets. He played a great game last week and caught nine passes for 130 yards. He will need to be clean with his hands and minimise fumbles.
The key matchup will be Jalen Ramsay v Tyreek Hill. Ramsey is touted as one of the best corners in NFL, while Hill is the most explosive player in the competition. Ramsey has had his fair share of off field issues but on the ground he’s a revelation. Hill is lightening quick, he plays his angles, is dynamic and has great talent around him.
Stats that matter:
Head-to-head record: Jaguars 6 wins – Chiefs 5 wins
- Kansas City have won their last two matches against the Jaguars.
- Haven’t played each other since 2016 (Kansas City 19 – 14 Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Chiefs have won eight of their last nine games.
- Kareem Hunt has scored the first touchdown in three of the Chiefs’ last four day games at Arrowhead Stadium.
- The Jaguars have covered the line in seven of their last eight games as underdogs on the road.
- De’Anthony Thomas has scored a touchdown in each of the Chiefs’ last three Week 5 games.
- The Jaguars have lost each of their last eight road games against AFC West opponents.
- In each of the Jaguars’ last three games, the highest scoring quarter has been the fourth.
- J Yeldon has scored a touchdown in two of the Jaguars’ last three road games.
The result of the game will come down to whether the Chiefs offensive line can withstand the Jaguars defense. The Chiefs will need to limit Jacksonville’s running game and tackle better. Jacksonville have more speed on defense and for that reason The Sporting Base tip Jacksonville to beat Kansas City.
Jacksonville Jaguars by 1-13pts $3.22