A-League Preview & Insights: Sydney FC Vs Melbourne Victory
November 15, 2019
The “Big Blue” has always been built up to be a mouth-watering clash and this matchup is no different. Sydney are fresh off the bye while Melbourne are looking to build their confidence after an ordinary start to the season.
SYDNEY FC VS MELBOURNE VICTORY – SUNDAY 17 NOVEMBER, 6:30PM, NESTRATA JUBILEE STADIUM
Sydney FC head into this clash without Rhyan Grant and Andrew Redmayne due to Socceroos duty, have three wins and one draw and are fresh off the bye.
For Melbourne Victoty, beating Sydney FC in the “Big Blue” would do wonders for their confidence in what has been a pretty ordinary start to their season.
Coming off a 1-1 draw over Wellington, Melbourne Victory should be very greatful to their skipper Ola Toivonen for saving them from an embrassing loss.
Big Blues are known for being high-scoring games with the past five games between the two sides producing at least three goals.
Sydney FC squad:
1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 2.Patrick FLOTTMANN, 4.Alex WILKINSON (c), 5.Alex BAUMJOHANN, 6.Ryan McGOWAN, 7.Michael ZULLO, 8.Paulo RETRE, 9.Adam LE FONDRE, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 11.Kosta BARBAROUSES, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Brandon O’NEILL, 16.Joel KING, 17.Anthony CACERES, 18.Luke IVANOVIC, 20.Tom HEWARD-BELLE (gk), 23.Rhyan GRANT, 24.Marco TILIO, 25.Ryan TEAGUE, 26.Luke BRATTAN **2-4 to be omitted**
Melbourne Victory squad:
3.Corey BROWN, 4.James DONACHIE, 6.Leigh BROXHAM, 8.Jakob POULSEN, 10.Robbie KRUSE, 11.Ola TOIVONEN (c), 13.Birkan KIRDAR, 16.Josh HOPE, 18.Migjen BASHA, 19.Ben CARRIGAN, 20.Lawrence THOMAS (gk), 21.Adama TRAORE, 22.Kristijan DOBRAS, 24.Anthony LESIOTIS, 25.Brandon LAUTON, 26.Jay BARNETT, 30.Matthew SUTTON (gk), 50.Brendan WHITE (gk) ***2-4 to be omitted**
Did you know?
- Sydney FC have won six of their last eight Hyundai A-League matches at home to Melbourne Victory (L2), despite leading at halftime only twice in that span.
- Only Western Sydney Wanderers (118) have won more aerial duels than Melbourne Victory (98) in the Hyundai A-League 2019/20 Season.
- Sydney FC have had the most ‘big’ chances (15) of any team this season, though they have converted just four.
- The ‘Both Teams to Score’ market has hit in each of the last five A-League matches between Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory.
- The ‘Over 2.5 Goals’ market has hit in four of Sydney FC’s last five A-League home matches.
Sydney should be too good at home here.
Bet 2 units