NRL Game Of The Week
August 21, 2018
Roosters Vs Broncos
Saturday 25th August
This week’s game of the week sees us head to Allianz stadium where the 2nd placed Roosters will take on the 7th place Broncos. With the Roosters looking to reclaim top spot after a disappointing loss to the Raiders last week (14-12) and the Broncos looking to surge into the finals on the back of a convincing win against the in-form Rabbitohs (38-12) this is sure to be a big one. Trent Robinson seems to have found the key to Cooper Cronk of late and it has seen them surge back into premiership contention after starting the season firm favourites. Wayne Bennett on the other hand knows how to prepare a team for a grand final and even though it looks as if this will be his last season at the Broncos he has them hitting their peak at the right time and has a point to prove.
Here are some key stats for the game:
- Clashes at Allianz average 40.6 total points
- The Roosters have a 92.9% win rate when leading at half time in comparison to 88.9% for the Broncos
- The Roosters have a 70.6% win record when starting favourite
- L.Mitchell has been the first try scorer on 6 occasions which is more than any other player on the field. C.Oates is the next best with 4
- Played 47; Broncos 28 wins, Roosters 19 wins
- Previous results: Broncos won 28-22 in round 11
Our prediction for the game is the Roosters to win 1-12 @ $3.10.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.