Harris-Tavita, Martin To Both Re-sign With Warriors In Coming Weeks | The Sporting Base
[google-translator]

Harris-Tavita, Martin to both re-sign with Warriors in coming weeks

May 21, 2026

Harris-Tavita, Martin to both re-sign with Warriors in coming weeks

 Chanel Harris-Tavita and Te Maire Martin will both be re-signing with the New Zealand Warriors in the next few weeks, which is a huge victory for the Kiwi club considering Luke Metcalf just agreed to join the St George Illawarra Dragons from 2027.

With Metcalf out the door and breakout star Tannah Boyd sidelined for the foreseeable future, Harris-Tavita and Martin have been tasked with playing in the halves for the finals-bound “Wahs.” The recruitment team had been eager to repay their loyalty with new deals – and that was only accelerated after interest from several other NRL teams.

Win $500 Cash In Our Free Giveaway Here

The North Queensland Cowboys had been looking into speaking to Harris-Tavita, likely as a back-up for recently re-signed Jake Clifford, who has been another resurgent player throughout 2026. The Warriors weren’t eager to let him leave, if they could manage it.

Another boom halves rookie, Luke Hanson, had been earmarked as a potential No.6 or No.7 for the future, but he is now more likely to head over to the Gold Coast to try and break into the Titans lineup alongside Jayden Campbell. With Hanson likely out the door and Metcalf’s unplanned exit stinging, things went into overdrive over the Tasman in Auckland.

Both Martin and Harris-Tavita are eager to keep playing for the Warriors, its been reported.

Are you reading on our app? Download now for the best Sporting Base experience.



Win $500 Cash In Our Free Giveaway Here

The feeling is mutual, with club CEO Cameron George speaking on the radio about how keen the Warriors were to retain both. “We’ve been having those discussions over the last week or so,” George explained recently, responding to a question regarding Martin’s NRL future. “I’m hoping that we’ll have very good news in the next few days or this week.”

More NRL news

‘It was gone’: Teddy admits he thought his Origin time was over

Done deal: NRL’s showpiece Magic Round staying in Queensland long-term

Metcalf may return to the playing squad once his Dragons cooling off period is wrapped up – Webster said he sat him to avoid him getting injured before anything had been formalised – but that is looking a little unlikely.

The Sporting Base believes New Zealand will instead stick with Martin and Harris-Tavita to the end of the year.


Tell Us What You Think Below

May 21, 2026

To'o has told the Panthers he's leaving after his 2027 contract expiry

Brian To'o will be leaving the Penrith Panthers after the 2027 NRL season, telling the club that he won't be taking up any extension offers after his impending contract expiry – and will likely Read More

NRL: Raiders Vs Dolphins - Match Insights & Our Tips

The Canberra Raiders return from the bye on Thursday night looking to steady their season when they host the Dolphins at GIO Stadium, and you can find our full betting Read More

May 20, 2026

Watson to join rebuilding Dragons then new Chiefs on Pezet-style combo deal

Connor Watson is about to sign with two NRL teams, agreeing to join the rebuilding St George Illawarra Dragons for a season before heading over to Papua New Guinea to play for expansion side the Read More