FREE: Northam Selections: Wednesday 5th October
October 5, 2022
Back at Northam for this week’s midweek meeting before the (hallelujah) return to HQ on Saturday for the opening meeting of the season.
Race 1 – 1:59PM TABTOUCH BETTER YOUR BET HANDICAP (1600 METRES)
4. George Gently 1. Strike Now – 5. Annihilator – 2. Keeper Sweet
Just loved the way this horse handled a big step up in class last start going from a maiden win to a Saturday 60+. He just got no luck in the straight there in a slowly run race and loved the way he hit the line. Still only lightly-raced, really like him as a type and think in the small field he can keep these within striking distance and get over them late.
1 Unit WIN
Race 2 – 2:35PM THE RACES WA HANDICAP (1600 METRES)
1. Tiff’s Lad – 7. Jack In The Black – 4. Allaboutthecraic – 5. Mr Fahrenheit
Race 3 – 3:12PM XXXX NORTHAM CUP-SUNDAY 23 OCT HANDICAP (2200 METRES)
1. All Man – 4. Special Picture – 8. Jafetica – 6. Friar The Gun
Race 4 – 3:50PM AVON VALLEY TOYOTA FOTF-SUNDAY 23 OCT MAIDEN (1100 METRES)
3. Rupert’s Empire – 6. Aroochacha – 7. Samaria – 5. Baalbek
Race 5 – 4:30PM FINAL FURLONG PACKAGES-TRYBOOKING.COM MAIDEN (1400 METRES)
9. Identifier – 6. Amjaad – 5. Nunes – 2. Citinio
Have really liked the trials of Identifier heading into today’s debut run. Never saw daylight at her most recent and in a trial where they went along in very slick time, she was doing things very, very easily under Holly. At $5.00 I think she’s worth something on with Simon Miller’s Amjaad the clear next best, for me Nunes is at a crossroads.
1 Unit WIN
Race 6 – 5:10PM WESTERN RACEPIX HANDICAP (1300 METRES)
6. Visions Of Grace – 1. Bigdayonit – 3. Canni Coni – 5. Dadirra
Visions Of Grace
Really keen on this filly’s chances today at Northam, just looking for a bit more of a price. Really impressed me with her win on debut, posted a terrific figure in doing so and just got a bit shuffled back further than she would have liked in the run, briefly held up once they turned for home but once she found clear air I thought she let down like a very smart horse. Can land right in behind them here from the barrier and is in the right stable to improve on what she produced on debut, just want $2.70+ to be betting up.
3 Units WIN @$2.70+ BSP
Race 7 – 5:38PM NORTHAMRACECLUB.COM HANDICAP (1000 METRES)
1. Michelada – 2. Keytrade – 4. No Dice – 5. Night’s Mystery
- Race 1 George Gently 1 Unit WIN
- Race 5 Identifier 1 Unit WIN
- Race 6 Visions Of Grace 3 Units WIN @$2.70+ BSP
2 Units locked in, potential for 5 Units if we see our bet price in the 6th.