FREE: Belmont Selections: Wednesday 22nd June
June 22, 2022
A fair bit of rain around Perth today for midweek cutaway racing at Belmont. Soft 5 could downgrade to a soft 6 during proceedings on a smaller than usual midweek card.
Race 1 – 1:14PM TABTOUCH BETTER YOUR BET HANDICAP (1400 METRES)
2. Magnificent Andy – 5. Oly’s Choice – 3. Let’s Galahvant – 4. Without Reg
Race 2 – 1:49PM PENINSULA DINING ROOM HANDICAP (1000 METRES)
3. Storm Commander – 4. Forever Autumn – 10. Janaura – 1. Sapphire Crown
Race 3 – 2:24PM FREE ENTRY TO BELMONT PARK HANDICAP (1700 METRES)
2. Passion Prince – 6. Kentucky Blue – 8. Red Hot Hope – 4. High Commission
Happy to have a small play here on Passion Prince who is well over my price in what looks a messy little race. Thought the run was really good behind War Gem last start who was far from disgraced in the Belmont Guineas over the weekend, so the form from that 3yo event coming back into not the strongest CL3 looks really solid, especially when you consider after the claim for Taj he gets in 2.5kgs lighter. Drops in grade, drops in weight, loves it wet and maps a treat. Happy to get involved each way.
1 Unit EACH WAY
Race 4 – 3:00PM AMELIA PARK HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
3. Multinational – 6. Zero Demerits – 7. Enticing – 8. Makfly
Race 5 – 3:37PM FURPHY HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
4. Hibiscus Lady – 6. Seminole Brave – 2. Ghost Who Walks – 8. No Change
I loved her trial prior to her debut run in WA and I loved the debut run behind Go Forward. Drew widest, was trapped 4 deep throughout for the best part of the race and loved the way she kept coming at them through the line and really stuck her neck out late. Up to the 1200m, maps a treat here, I’m expecting she goes very close.
1 Unit WIN
Suspect he might get the blows a bit in betting late but I’d like to have something small on Seminole Brave fresh off the back of a very impressive trial leading in. O’Donnell hops off Hibiscus Lady for him, thought his fresh run last prep in Saturday grade from an impossible position was huge, and although drawn out, I think their may be an opportunity for O’Donnell to try and pop across to the breeze which may not be a bad place to be today in the conditions. Small.
0.5 Units WIN
Race 6 – 4:15PM WESTERN RACEPIX HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
6. Dalhousie – 1. Civvy Street – 2. Seeable – 11. Wise Cracker
Race 7 – 4:45PM GLENROY CHAFF HANDICAP (1400 METRES)
1. Awesome Chatter – 2. Justamiddy – 3. Galancy – 10. Drama Free
- Race 3 Passion Prince 1 Unit EACH WAY
- Race 5 Hibiscus Lady 1 Unit WIN/Seminole Brave 0.5 Units WIN
3.5 Units Staked.