EPL Week 8 Game Of The Week Preview & Analysis: Liverpool Vs Leicester
October 4, 2019
The EPL has thrown up plenty of surprises this season making it hard to find a winner. We’ve got you covered with an in-depth preview and analysis on our Game Of The Week.
LIVERPOOL VS LEICESTER – SATURDAY 6th OCTOBER, ANFIELD
With Manchester City’s Premier League record 18-match winning streak in sight, Liverpool will host Leicester City on Saturday afternoon. The Reds’ winning stretch stands at 16 after they most recently got past a plucky Sheffield United 1-0 at Bramall Lane.
That result marked the first time the Reds have been held below two goals throughout that streak and the Foxes may fancy their chances of similarly stifling the league leaders considering they were the last team to concede fewer than two goals at Anfield in the EPL.
That fixture took place in January and ended 1-1, also marking Liverpool’s most recent failure to win at this venue. Sitting third on the table after most recently defeating Newcastle 5-0, Leicester may fancy its chances of again picking up a point at Anfield.
This should be a wide-open encounter as Brendan Rodgers returns to Anfield and brings his free-flowing and defending optional style to Jurgen Klopp’s slightly more organised but still free-flowing approach.
Did You Know?
- Liverpool are unbeaten in 43 home league matches, the longest current run in the top five European leagues and the club’s second-longest in top-flight history. Their previous best sequence of 63 was ended by Leicester in December 1980.
- Sadio Mane can score his 50th Premier League goal for Liverpool in his 100th appearance for the club, becoming the 10th player to reach a half-century in the competition for the Reds, more than any other side.
- Leicester can achieve back-to-back unbeaten matches against Liverpool for the first time since a run of seven between December 1996 and May 2000.
- Jamie Vardy has scored seven PL goals against Liverpool. Only Andrew Cole and Thierry Henry, with 11 and eight respectively, have scored more against them.
- Liverpool has won each of its last 16 EPL matches.
- The ‘Both Teams to Score’ market has hit in each of the last six EPL matches between Liverpool and Leicester.
- The ‘Goal in Both Halves’ market has hit in 11 of Leicester’s last 12 Saturday EPL matches.
- The ‘Over 3.5 Goals’ market has hit in four of Liverpool’s last five EPL matches at Anfield.
- The ‘Over 2.5 Goals’ market has hit in six of Liverpool’s last seven EPL matches.
- Sadio Mane has been the first goal-scorer in each of Liverpool’s last two EPL matches against Leicester.
- Mohamed Salah has scored at least one goal in five of Liverpool’s last six EPL matches at Anfield.
- Ricardo Pereira has been Leicester’s first goal-scorer in each of its last two EPL matches.