EPL Week 31 Preview: Stats, Insights, Tips & Everything You Need To Know About Your Team’s Chances
March 15, 2019
The FA Cup Quarter Finals have made it a quiet week in the EPL with only five games but that won’t stop us finding some winners.
BOURNEMOUTH VS NEWCASTLE – SUNDAY 17 MARCH, 3:00PM, VITALITY STADIUM
The Cherries snapped a worrying losing streak against the 20th-placed Huddersfield last week and are offered a great opportunity to go on with the job when they host Newcastle. Having lost to West Ham, Newcastle did what they do best and beat a team that is better than them (Everton) last weekend.
Did You Know?
- AFC Bournemouth are seeking their first Premier League home victory over Newcastle, at the third attempt.
- With three PL goals against AFC Bournemouth, Salomon Rondon has only scored more against Swansea City, with four. He struck both of Newcastle’s goals in their 2-1 win against the Cherries in this season’s reverse fixture.
- The underdog has won four of the last five EPL matches between Bournemouth and Newcastle United.
- The ‘Under 2.5 Goals’ market has hit in each of Bournemouth’s last four EPL day matches at Vitality Stadium.
- The ‘Both Teams to Score’ market has failed to hit in each of Newcastle United’s last four EPL Week 31 matches as an underdog.
BURNLEY VS LEICESTER CITY – SUNDAY 17 MARCH, 3:00PM, TURF MOOR
Brendan Rodgers picked up his first official win as Leicester boss on the weekend getting his side past Fulham while Burnley slumped to its third successive loss against Liverpool.
Each of those three losses have come by two goals with the Clarets putting a scare into Liverpool before falling short.
Did You Know?
- Burnley, who have won their last two Premier League home matches against Leicester, have never won three in a row against an opponent at Turf Moor in the competition.
- Leicester’s Jamie Vardy has scored five goals in his last five PL matches, more than he had in his previous 16 appearances in the competition.
- There have been three or more goals scored during the second half in five of Burnley’s last six EPL matches as an underdog.
- The ‘Both Teams to Score in the Second Half’ market has hit in each of Leicester’s last five EPL matches.
- The ‘Over 2.5 Goals’ market has hit in each of Leicester’s last five EPL matches as a favourite.
- Ashley Barnes has scored a goal in each of Burnley’s last three EPL home matches.
WEST HAM VS HUDDERSFIELD TOWN – SUNDAY 17 MARCH, 3:00PM, LONDON STADIUM
West Ham United are aiming for a third win in five matches as they entertain bottom side Huddersfield Town, who are seeking to avoid a third straight defeat.
Did You Know?
- The Hammers have not lost a PL home match against the side starting the day bottom of the table since February 2007, when they were defeated by Watford. They have won seven and drawn the other three such fixtures since.
- The Terriers have used the joint-highest number of different players in the Premier League this season, with 29, level with Southampton. But they have had the joint-fewest goalscorers with nine, level with Fulham. Just 31 per cent of their players used have found the net this term.
- Huddersfield has lost 12 of its last 13 EPL day matches.
- The ‘Under 2.5 Goals’ market has hit in each of West Ham’s last six EPL day matches.
- The ‘Both Teams to Score’ market has failed to hit in nine of Huddersfield’s last 10 EPL matches as an underdog.
- Declan Rice has been the first goal-scorer in two of West Ham’s last four EPL home matches.
TIP: West Ham
FULHAM VS LIVERPOOL – MONDAY 18 MARCH, 2:15PM, CRAVEN COTTAGE
After progressing to the Champions League Quarter-finals through a dominant victory in Munich on Wednesday, Liverpool will turn its attention back to the Premier League title race when Fulham plays host at Craven Cottage.
With Manchester City in FA Cup action this weekend, a victory in this fixture will see the Reds reclaim top spot on the table. It remains nearly unthinkable that the Cottagers will be able to halt Liverpool in its quest for three points when considering they have lost nine consecutive EPL matches as underdogs. The Londoners were also on the losing side when they visited Anfield earlier this season, as goals from Mohamed Salah and Xherdan Shaqiri proved the difference in a 2-0 result.
Did You Know?
- Fulham are looking for their first point against Liverpool since a 1-0 win at Anfield in May 2012.
- Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has had a hand in 12 goals in his last eight PL appearances against promoted sides, scoring six goals and producing six assists.
- The ‘Over 2.5 Goals’ market has hit in each of Liverpool’s last six EPL Week 31 matches.
- Liverpool has kept a clean sheet in five of its last six EPL matches as an away favourite.
- Liverpool has scored in both halves in each of its last five EPL matches against Fulham.
- Across all competitions, Sadio Mane has scored two goals in three of Liverpool’s last four matches.
EVERTON VS CHELSEA – MONDAY 18 MARCH, 4:30PM, GOODISON PARK
Just four points split third from sixth and with Tottenham, Arsenal & Manchester United not featuring this weekend, Chelsea can springboard back onto level points alongside Arsenal.
Everton has been a real challenge for Chelsea in the last two meetings with consecutive scoreless draws in the last two Premier League meetings.
In the last five Premier League matches between these sides, Everton have been held scoreless every time so their recent goalscoring run might be put to the test here.
Chelsea on the other hand have looked decidedly average needing a late equaliser to get a point against Wolves last weekend.
Did You Know?
- Everton average a 3 goal margin when winning this season
- Chelsea have an average of 40% when it comes to clean sheets this season.
- Chelsea has kept a clean sheet in each of its last five EPL matches against Everton.
- The ‘Over 2.5 Goals’ market has hit in each of Chelsea’s last seven EPL Week 31 matches.
- The ‘Both Teams to Score’ market has failed to hit in each of the last five EPL matches between Everton and Chelsea.
- Everton is winless in its last 11 EPL matches as a home underdog.