EPL Manchester City Vs Liverpool Preview, Insights & Selections
November 8, 2019
This is the mouth-watering clash of the season with a top of the table clash between two teams who just flat out hate each other.
This is the match we’ll be looking forward to all week, while it won’t decide the title one way or another, it would be a huge mental edge for Liverpool to go into the break with a nine-point advantage over Manchester City.
The fact this game is at Anfield swings it a bit towards Jurgen Klopp’s side and the fact City are putting out a bare bones defence thanks to a wretched run of injuries makes Liverpool an even more appealing play.
You won’t keep City out though, they will breach Liverpool’s defence at least once so this is sure to be a game with goals galore.
Did you know?
- Liverpool have only lost one of their last 28 top-flight home matches against Man City and are unbeaten in their last 16 against them at Anfield in the Premier League (W11 D5).
- Roberto Firmino has had a hand in seven goals in his eight Premier League matches against Man City, scoring four and assisting three. He has both scored and set up a goal in three different meetings with the Citizens.
- Man City have won 11 of their last 12 Premier League away matches, while scoring 30 goals at an average of 2.5 per fixture.
- Sergio Aguero has scored 49 goals in 79 Sunday Premier League matches and could become just the second player to reach 50 on that day of the week after Wayne Rooney, who struck 63 times in 142 fixtures.
- The ‘Both Teams to Score’ market has hit in seven of Liverpool’s last eight EPL day matches.
- The ‘Over 3.5 Goals’ market has hit in five of Manchester City’s last six EPL away matches.
- Manchester City has won the second half in eight of its last nine EPL day matches.
- The underdog has led 1-0 at half-time in each of Liverpool’s last three EPL day matches.
- Manchester City has scored two or more goals during the second half in four of its last five EPL day matches.
- Sergio Agüero has scored at least one goal in five of his last six appearances in EPL away matches.
- Mohamed Salah has scored at least one goal in four of Liverpool’s last five EPL matches at Anfield.
Liverpool to be too good at home.