A-League Preview & Insights: Western United Vs Sydney FC
November 30, 2019
Sydney Fc will look to continue their red hot form against Western United on Sunday as United look to find the net for the first time in a long time.
WESTERN UNITED VS SYDNEY FC – SUNDAY 1 DECEMBER, 4:00PM, GMHBA STADIUM
Sydney FC have found their groove and they go into this clash on the back of three wins over Newcastle, Melbourne Victory and Perth.
While the champions are in excellent touch, the same can’t be said about United who have lost two on the spin after their shock 1-0 defeat to the Mariners on Sunday.
Even with the likes of Alessandro Diamanti, Besart Berisha and Scott McDonald in their side, United haven’t found the net in the last 212 minutes of play.
Western United FC Squad:
1.Filip KURTO (GK), 2.Aaron CALVER, 3.Brendan HAMILL, 4.Andrew DURANTE, 5.Dylan PIERIAS, 6.Connor CHAPMAN, 8.Panagiotis KONE, 9.Apostolos STAMATELOPOULOS, 10.Scott MCDONALD, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Dario JERTEC, 13.Ivan VUJICA, 14.Max BURGESS, 15.Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITIS, 18.Besart BERISHA, 19.Josh RISDON, 22.Ersan GULUM, 23.Alessandro DIAMANTI, 26.Kwabena APPIAH-KUBI, 30.Ryan SCOTT (GK)
Sydney FC squad:
1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 2.Patrick FLOTTMANN, 4.Alex WILKINSON (c), 5.Alex BAUMJOHANN, 6.Ryan McGOWAN, 7.Michael ZULLO, 8.Paulo RETRE, 9.Adam LE FONDRE, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 11.Kosta BARBAROUSES, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Brandon O’NEILL, 16.Joel KING, 17.Anthony CACERES, 18.Luke IVANOVIC, 20.Tom HEWARD-BELLE (gk), 21.Harry VAN DER SAAG, 23.Rhyan GRANT, 24.Marco TILIO, 26.Luke BRATTAN
Did you know?
- Sydney FC have won seven of their last eight Hyundai A-League matches in Victoria (L1), that lone defeat did come in their most recent such road trip (26 January 2019).
- The Sky Blues have scored the most goals from corners (4) of any side this Hyundai A-League season, but United are one of three teams yet to concede from this method (also Sydney FC and Perth Glory).
- Western United FC’s Josh Risdon has created the most chances in open play (16) of any player this Hyundai A-League season, five more than Sydney FC’s best Milos Ninkovic (11).
- The underdog has won three of Western United FC’s last four A-League matches.
- The ‘Both Teams to Score’ market has hit in five of Sydney FC’s last six A-League matches.
Sydney FC to continue their great form with a 2-0 win.